Try this quick-and-easy blueberry take on french toast next time you want to make a special breakfast treat.Yield: 3 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Blueberries are an antioxidant superfood. They are also low-fat, packed with vitamin C and dietary fiber.Recipe Created By: U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council (adaptation)
Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
Tips & Notes
In a rush? Use 6 slices frozen french toast instead of making your own. Heat french toast as package directs, then come in at step 5.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Soak 1 piece of bread in egg mixture for 1 to 2 minutes, then flip to soak the other side for an additional 1 minute.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once butter is melted, fry egg-soaked bread until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towel.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all bread is cooked. Make additional egg mixture if needed.
- In bowl, stir together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on all 6 french toast slices. Spoon blueberries over cream cheese on 3 slices. Cover with remaining slices.
- To serve, place sandwiches on plates and slice diagonally or in half. Garnish with additional blueberries and powdered sugar.