Try your hand at plank cooking with this easy salmon recipe.Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: 4 ounces of salmon has at least 2 grams of omega-3 fats.Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: 2
Post a Comment
- 1 (8-ounce) fresh salmon steak
- 1 ½ teaspoons seafood dry rub seasoning (see below)
- 3 red potatoes, blanched and cut in half
- ½ red bell pepper, cut in wedges
- 6 mushrooms, halved
- 1 pound medium red onion, cut into wedges
- ½ yellow squash, cut into wedges
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons
Tips & Notes
Make your own dry rub seasoning for multiple fish recipes. In a food processor, combine 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper with 1 teaspoon each of granulated garlic, dry tarragon, dry basil, paprika, kosher salt and light brown sugar.
- Soak plank in water for at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss together potatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, red onion, squash and zucchini with seasoning salt and oil.
- Coat both sides of salmon with dry seasoning and place on center of cedar plank. Add vegetables around salmon and squeeze juice from one lemon over the top.
- Place the plank in the oven for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and turn salmon over. Roast for an additional 8 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 120 to 130 degrees. Remove plank; garnish with lemon slices and serve.