For your next dinner party, serve Caesar salad in a glass with the dressing at the base and tall romaine lettuce leaves and shaved Parmesan “planted” in the glass.Yield: 6 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Per serving: 137 calories, 7.7 g protein, 18.2 g carbohydrate, 4.1 g fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 4.1 g fiber, 836 mg sodium.Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: None
Post a Comment
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- ½ cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (¾-inch) sourdough bread cubes
- 18 romaine lettuce leaves
- ⅓ cup (2.6 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Tips & Notes
Simplify this recipe by using store-bought croutons.
- To make the dressing, drop the garlic halves through the opening in blender lid or food processor with blender on; process until minced. Add mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients (mayonnaise through pepper); process until well-blended. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- For the croutons, combine oil, Cajun seasoning and minced garlic in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high for 20 seconds. Add bread cubes; toss gently to coat. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To serve salad, place 2 tablespoons dressing in bottom of glass. Stand 3 leaves of romaine. Place a piece of shaved parmesan in each glass. Add croutons.
Nutrition Facts for Caesar Dressing (per serving): Calories – 6, Total Fat – 1.3g, Protein – 0.2g.
Nutrition Facts for Cajun Croutons (per serving): Calories-44, Total Fat-1.6g, Protein-1.2g
Nutrition Facts for Salad (per serving): Calories-42, Total Fat-2.6g, Protein-4.1g, Calcium-11%
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.