Blend two flavors of the autumn season – butternut squash and apples – into a delicious soup recipe, then spice up the dish with curry.Yield: 6-8
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Butternut squash is brimming with the carotenoid vitamin A, which helps support healthy skin and eyes.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 6
Post a Comment
Tips & Notes
• Use a potato peeler to efficiently peel butternut squash.
• To make a vegetarian version of this meatless recipe, substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock. If needed, add extra salt, to taste.
- Melt the butter with olive oil in a large pot.
- Add onions and curry powder, and sauté over medium heat until onions are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the squash using a vegetable peeler, scrape out the seeds, and chop.
- When onions are tender, add the stock, squash and apples and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash and apples are very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let cool slightly. Using a stick blender with mixture still in pot, blend until smooth (you can also use a standard blender).
- Add apple juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.