Our green bean, tomato and Vidalia onion salad with Dijon vinaigrette dressing adds a delicious spin to the requisite veggie portion.Yield: 6 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans
- ½ large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut into thin wedges
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup light olive oil
Tips & Notes
Tomatoes should be stored at room temperature; refrigeration dulls their flavor. Use within a week.
- Blanch green beans in a pot of boiling water until crisp tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Whisk together first 5 vinaigrette ingredients in bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
- Toss green beans, onion, tomato and dressing. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 44, Fat – 0.1g, Dietary Fiber – 4.3g, Protein – 2.4g, Vitamin A – 19%, Vitamin C – 40%
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.