Sweet and savory combine in this harvest pork chop topped with apples.Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: 304 calories (118 calories from fat), 21.1g carbohydrates, 23.3g protein. This recipe, along with any that features lean pork, is high in niacin, thiamin and vitamin B6, and very high in the antioxidant selenium.
Total Comments: 7
Post a Comment
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large pork center loin chops (bone-in and inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into 8 wedges (Granny Smith or other firm variety)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup dark beer
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
Tips & Notes
You can also prepare this dish in a slow cooker. After searing the pork, combine all ingredients in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
- Add oil to skillet or Dutch oven. Brown the pork chops on both sides, remove from pan.
- In the same pan, sauté the onions until translucent, add garlic and apples. Sprinkle flour and incorporate into any pan drippings. Deglaze pan with beer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until very tender.