This easy-to-make side dish features garlic, shallots and Marsala to flavor fresh carrots.Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Carrots are filled with antioxidants vitamins A and C.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Marsala cooking wine
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and olive oil. Sauté the garlic and shallots about 2 minutes until tender. Add the sliced carrots, salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes. Add a little water if they start to get dry.
- Add Marsala and cook, uncovered, until it evaporates, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 169, Fat – 13.0g, Dietary Fiber – 3.2g, Protein – 1.4g, Vitamin A – 385%, Vitamin C – 13%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.