Bok choy and ramen noodles add Chinese flair to this salad.
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Napa cabbage, also called Chinese cabbage, is milder than standard cabbage and an excellent source of antioxidant vitamins A and C.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 6
Post a Comment
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 packages ramen noodle pasta, crushed (do not use spice packet)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 medium head of bok choy (white part included)
- 1 medium head Napa cabbage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup canola oil or light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add ramen noodles, almonds and sesame, and saute until toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine vinaigrette ingredients.
- Trim the bok choy 3 inches from the bottom and chop remaining in one-inch ribbons. Chop Napa cabbage in one-inch ribbons.
- Add remaining vegetables to cabbage mix. Before serving, toss with noodle mixture and vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts for Ingredients (per serving): Calories – 390, Fat – 27.9g, Dietary Fiber – 6.4g, Protein – 9.4g, Vitamin A – 199%, Vitamin C – 153%, Calcium – 30%, Iron – 26%.
Nutrition Facts for Asian Vinaigrette (per serving): Calories – 308, Fat – 27.3g, Protein – 0.3g.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.