This quiche, featuring pork sausage and healthy spinach, can be served as a hearty breakfast or in small tart-sized portions for appetizers.Yield: 6 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Per serving: 509 calories; 18g protein; 41g fat; 754mg sodium; 19g carbohydratesRecipe Created By: National Pork Board
Total Comments: None
Post a Comment
- Prepare pastry and set aside.
- Crumble sausage in a medium skillet; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally; drain well.
- Thaw spinach, drain well. Remove remaining moisture by pressing spinach between layers of paper towels. Add spinach to sausage mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell. Top with sausage mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream and salt; mix well. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between center and outer edge comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and watercress if desired.
Photo and recipe courtesy of National Pork Board. For more information about pork, visit PorkBeInspired.com.