Our version of the holiday classic, pumpkin pie, calls for ginger, cloves and cinnamon.Yield: 1 pie cut into 8-10 pieces
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Pumpkin is one of the richest sources of Vitamin A and antioxidants beneficial for improved joint and eye health.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 15 ounces canned pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin and eggs in a bowl and mix well. Add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Add the evaporated milk gradually, stirring constantly. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for another 35 to 40 minutes or until the pie tests done.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 324, Total Fat – 11.9g, Sodium – 381mg, Total Carbohydrates – 50.1g, Protein – 6.1g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.