I have to admit, I could honestly eat breakfast for every meal. From hearty oatmeal to protein-packed eggs to comforting pancakes, I love breakfast foods! Lucky for me, September is National Breakfast Month. Traditionally, breakfast is eaten first thing in the morning, with the term literally meaning “breaking the fast” of the night. It’s considered to be the most important meal of the day, giving you fuel to get going and kick-starting your metabolism. Check out some of these fun facts about breakfast and our roundup of scrumptious recipes – suitable for eating at any time of day.
- 49% of adults admit they struggle throughout the day when they skip breakfast.
- 8.3 minutes is the average time taken to eat breakfast on a weekday.
- Research suggests that eating breakfast can lower your stress level.
- You should eat breakfast within two hours of waking up to replenish energy after an overnight fast.
- The ideal breakfast should be high in carbohydrates, rich in nutrients and low in fat.
- Cereal is the number one breakfast food in America.
What is your favorite breakfast food? Do you like eating breakfast for dinner? Share with us in the comments!