Looking for something to cook for dinner or a quick, sweet treat? Look to Fresh From Florida recipes for inspiration. Fresh! videos are posted regularly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
The recipes feature the state’s fresh commodities and step-by-step instructions for preparation. Log on to www.facebook.com/FloridaAgriculture and click the Videos tab to see fast, easy recipe videos using Florida ingredients including seafood, fresh produce and more to prepare appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, salads and desserts. The videos range from one to two minutes long and include tips and tricks to make preparation easy and flawless.
The recipe videos are some of the most popular posts on Fresh From Florida’s Facebook page.
Tens of thousands of people have viewed these videos to learn from Chef Justin Timineri about how to make everything from Stuffed Florida Mushrooms to Fresh! Florida Fruit Sangria.
The Fresh! Florida Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart recipe has garnered more than 79,000 views. To simplify, Chef Justin says store-bought pie dough is just fine, and he shows viewers how to roll it out and stuff it with Florida ripe tomatoes, goat cheese and herbs.
What makes Fresh! Florida Sangria stand out is that you can make it year round because some type of fruit is always in season. Just combine ripe watermelon, blueberries, passion fruit, mango or other fresh fruit with Florida fruit wine, Florida orange juice and ginger ale.
Check out these and more recipes below:
Florida Blue Crab Salad With Avocado
- 8 ounces jumbo lump Florida blue crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1 large ripe Florida avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 3 teaspoons fresh squeezed Florida Key lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Florida Key lime zest
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Hot chili oil and cilantro oil, as needed (optional)
- Mix together red onion, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, cumin and lime zest in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Gently mix in crabmeat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle avocado halves with remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice to prevent discoloration and season with salt and pepper. Arrange avocado halves, cut side up, on plates.
- Fill tops of avocado with crab salad. Garnish salad with cilantro oil and hot chili oil, if desired.