See the 2015 winners from the Flavor of Georgia contest:
1. Grand Prize Winner: A&A Alta Cucina Italia, Johns Creek
Adriana Coppola, owner of A&A Alta Cucina Italia, won the 2015 Flavor of Georgia grand prize with her Balsamico al Mirtillo, a blueberry balsamic vinegar reduction. The product also received the category award for best salsa, chutney or condiment.
2. BBQ Sauces: Causey’s Hot BBQ Sauce, Atlanta
Causey’s BBQ Sauce took the prize for the second year in a row,
though this year it was their Hot BBQ Sauce that came out on
top. The family-owned-and-operated company has been
making delicious products since 2009.
3. Beverages: Paulk’s Pride 100% Purple Muscadine Juice, Wray
Made with no additives, Paulk’s Pride unique and delicious 100 percent Purple Muscadine Juice is also packed with healthy vitamins and minerals, making it the perfect pick in the beverages category.
4. Confections: Byrd Cookie Company’s Georgia Peach Cookies, Savannah
Since 1924, Byrd’s has been making the most sweet and savory
cookies. Their Georgia Peach flavor – which combines juicy peach with sweet cream – won them the title in this year’s confections category.
5. Dairy: Proper Pepper, Sandersville
Known for their small-batch pimento cheese, Proper Pepper’s Get Back Jack flavor beat out the competition, made with Cabot pepper jack cheese, Duke’s mayonnaise and lots of jalapeños.
6. Jams & Jellies: Fairywood Thicket Farm, Fairburn
Known for their unique jams and jellies, Fairywood Thicket Farm’s Strawberry Lavender Jam won the judges’ approval in this year’s jams and jellies category.
7. Marinades, Sauces and Rubs: The Salt Table, Savannah
Winning first place in the marinades, sauces and rubs category,
The Salt Table’s Tybee Island Coastal Blend features salt and
spices designed to honor the seafood traditions of Tybee Island.
8. Meat & Seafood: Hunter Cattle Company, Brooklet
Family-owned-and-operated, Hunter Cattle Company raises cattle, hogs and chicken, as well as other small animals. Their Grassfed NY Strip Steak was the judges’ top pick for meat and seafood at this year’s contest.
9. Miscellaneous: Ziegler Honey Company, Stockton
Since 1935, Zeigler’s Honey Company has been harvesting and
packaging 100 percent pure, raw honey. Their Georgia Wildflower Honeycomb won first place in the miscellaneous category this year.
10. Salsa, Chutneys and Condiments: A&A Alta Cucina Italia, Johns Creek
Along with winning the grand prize, A&A Alta Cucina Italia also
took the top spot for salsas, chutneys and condiments with their Balsamico Al Mirtillo blueberry balsamic vinegar reduction.
11. Snack Foods: Verdant Kitchen, Savannah
The only commercial ginger growers in the U.S., Verdant Kitchen uses the popular ingredient in syrups, candies and more. Their Savannah Snaps ginger cookies won this year’s snack foods category.
12. People’s Choice: Wisham Jellies, Tifton
Made with hand-grown peppers and fresh fruits, Wisham Jellies makes several varieties of sweet and spicy pepper jelly. Their Cranberry Pepper Jelly pleased the judges’ taste buds.