Nutty and chocolatey, this version of a brownie is sure to become your new favorite.
- Makes: 24
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- ½ cup plus 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces (1 package) miniature chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Heath Bits O Brickle Toffee Bits
- ⅔ cup dry roasted almonds, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and egg yolk with an electric mixer until combined. Gradually add flour, mixing on low speed until blended.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick saucepan, heat the condensed milk and 2 tablespoons unsalted butter over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread filling over baked layer and return to oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes more until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle evenly with mini chocolate chips and bake 1 minute. Remove from oven. Sprinkle evenly with Bits O Brickle and chopped almonds. Cool completely in refrigerator.