Traditional sausage balls get a fall boost with tart apples.
- Makes: 30 sausage balls
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Jessi Heggan
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and the diced apples, and cook until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place the sausage and cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or any large bowl, if using a hand mixer), and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the cooked apples and remaining 3 tablespoons of melted butter, and mix until combined. Add the baking powder, salt, fennel and flour, and mix well.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of dough out and roll into a ball. Place on the sheet pan. Repeat with remaining dough, and bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
Love these Apple Sausage Balls? Try our Homemade Pork Sausage Patties!