- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, chopped
- ½ cup tri-color sweet bell peppers (red, green and yellow), chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus, sweet bell peppers and red onion in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add the cooked vegetables and cheddar cheese into the egg mixture and combine well.
- Spoon about ¼ cup egg mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake until frittatas are set in the middle and slightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove frittatas with a fork and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Meat lovers seeking extra protein can add diced ham.
- Got leftovers? Store in the refrigerator and microwave for 45 seconds when ready to eat.