Fall flavors come together for a hearty breakfast hash.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Jessi Heggan
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the bacon pieces. Cook the bacon, then remove with a slotted spoon. Leave 1 to 2 tablespoons of grease in the pan.
- Add the butternut, onions, apple, garlic, oregano and pepper to the pan, and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, then place a lid on the pan, but leave it slightly tilted open. Allow to cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until butternut is softened.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook until they are tender and reduced down, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with cooked bacon pieces and serve immediately while hot.
Love this Butternut Breakfast Hash? Try our Sweet Potato Hash with Poached Eggs!