- 1 pound bacon
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet to drain on a paper towel, and when cooled, chop coarsely. Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of rendered fat from the skillet.
- Saute onion in fat until translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Stir in honey, vinegar, salt, red pepper flakes and chopped bacon. Stir frequently over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until vinegar is reduced. Allow to cool, then puree in a food processor or blender.
- The jam should be slightly grainy and thick enough to spread. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips & Notes
This jam will keep for about 3 weeks. Use is as a delicious topping for Corn Fritters.