Sweet potatoes and fall apples mix with tasty pork tenderloin for a fall sheet-pan meal.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per serving: Calories 275, Fat 9.8g, Protein 20g, Fiber 3.8g, Calcium 42mg, Carbs 26g, Sodium 471mg. Excellent source of vitamin A.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 6 2-inch pieces
- 6 thick-cut slices apple-smoked bacon
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced oblong
- 3-4 medium tart apples, quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced oblong
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sorghum
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves, sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap the circumference of each piece of pork tenderloin with bacon.
- Place all ingredients in a very large mixing bowl. Coat veggies and tenderloins, being careful not to unwrap the bacon from the pork loin pieces.
- Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve in a large soup or pasta bowl. Drizzle with a thin zigzag of sorghum and garnish with fresh sage.