Try tasty chicken sliders with a fresh slaw at your next tailgate or picnic.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per Serving: 190 calories, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 168 mg sodium, 15 g protein, 1 g fiber, 37 mg cholesterol, 19 g carbohydrates, 4 g sugar
- Recipe Created By: Jodie Shield
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- 2 cups reduced-fat sour cream or plain fat-free strained Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- 8 pretzel slider buns or brioche slider rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream or Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon lime juice and lime zest. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the broccoli coleslaw mix, red pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, pomegranate seeds, 2 teaspoons lime juice and sugar.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the broccoli-pomegranate slaw mixture and lightly toss. Chill until ready to serve.
- While the broccoli-pomegranate slaw is chilling, combine the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Dredge each chicken breast in the spice mixture until well-coated on each side.
- Grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from the grill and cut each chicken breast in half so you have 8 pieces.
- Grill the buns, cut sides down, 30 to 60 seconds or until toasted.
- Serve the chicken on the buns topped with broccoli-pomegranate slaw.