Sweet chocolate donuts (doughnuts?) get a little extra something with holiday spices.
- Makes: 9 donuts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- For the donuts, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat a 9-donut baked donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon the donut batter into the pans.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. (Darker pans will take less time than lighter ones.) Allow to cool.
- For the icing, melt the chocolate chips with the canola oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in 30-second intervals.
- When the chocolate chips begin to glisten and lose their shape, they are done. Spoon the icing evenly over the donuts. Allow icing to cool and set.