- Makes: 24 sliders; 3-4 cups pickles
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
Homemade Fresh Pickles
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 miniature corn muffins (made from mix or recipe)*
- 2 pounds favorite pork barbecue
*Any brand of cornbread mix or made-from-scratch recipe will work. Be sure to grease and flour the tins well, and do not use paper liners. One 8.5-ounce package will make 24 mini muffins.
- In a medium saucepan, heat vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Add in cucumber, carrots, onion, mustard seeds and salt. Pour into a glass jar with a lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut muffins in half. Place barbecue and pickles on top.