- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chiles, including juices
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-6 cups low-sodium vegetable juice (such as V8), chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion for about 5 to 7 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic and chili powder, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes (with juice), beans, vegetable juice or broth, spinach, and corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Add tortilla chips, cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Serve soup with lime wedges and more chips.