- (2) 1-ounce unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces dark sweet cherries, fresh, pitted or frozen, thawed
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour six miniature bundt pans.
- Over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate squares until just melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and eggs, and stir in flour, baking powder and cherries until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared bundt pans and bake for about 20 minutes or until tops spring to the touch.
- Set aside to cool and turn out of bundt pans.
- Whisk almond extract into whipped cream. Melt the chocolate chips with the canola oil in 1-minute intervals and stir until very smooth.
- Spoon whipped cream on top of each cake. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips and garnish with a maraschino cherry.