These light blueberry cookies also feature lemon zest and almond extract for a flavorful combination.
- Makes: 4 dozen cookies
- Prep Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes (includes refrigeration)
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per serving: Calories – 58, Total Fat – 2.3g, Sodium – 25mg, Total Carbohydrates – 8.8g, Protein – .7g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg, milk, almond extract and lemon zest, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, and gradually add to creamed mixture, blending well. Fold in blueberries.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 1½ inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets before removing.
Watch how to make these easy cookies below, then share with friends: