Fresh summer blueberries star in this easy yogurt-based dessert.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus 1 hour for chilling
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon real almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 2 cups blueberries, ¼ cup sugar, water, ½ teaspoon real almond extract and salt. Stir until skins pop and juices begin to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and puree until very smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining ½ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon almond extract and Greek yogurt.
- In serving containers, layer cream mixture alternately with fruit puree. Use a table knife to make swirls. Garnish with sliced almonds and remaining ½ cup berries.