- 3 cups apples, unpeeled, cored and diced (about 3 large apples)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup caramel sauce (store-bought or homemade) for garnish
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Mix together apples, flours, sugar, eggs, oil, nuts, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until well combined. Pour into Bundt pan, and bake for 1 hour.
- When cake is cool, turn it out onto a cake plate and drizzle with caramel. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tips & Notes
This rich cake is delicious with ice cream.