Substituting a portion of the all-purpose flour with cauliflower makes this cheesy biscuit recipe a breakfast you can feel good about.
- Makes: 12 biscuits
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per serving (1 biscuit): 175 calories, 13g fat, 6g protein, 2g fiber, 159mg calcium, 8g carbs, 330mg sodium.
- Recipe Created By: Jessi Heggan
- Photo by: Jessi Heggan
- 12 ounces frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups cheddar, finely shredded
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chives, diced
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until they resemble rice.
- Pour the riced cauliflower in a towel and ring out the excess moisture.
- Add the eggs, butter and yogurt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the cauliflower and shredded cheese and mix until combined.
- Next add the salt, baking powder, chives and flour and mix until combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of batter and drop it on to the pan. Continue until the batter is gone.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are slightly browned.
- Move to a cooling rack. Enjoy while warm.
Tips & Notes
You can substitute 12 ounces (approximately 2 cups) of frozen riced cauliflower that has been thawed. Substitute a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend if you wish to make these cauliflower biscuits gluten free.