Make your next pizza night a little healthier with a Cauliflower Pizza Crust made with riced cauliflower instead of flour.
- Makes: one 10-inch crust
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per serving (crust only): 312 calories, 16g fat, 24g protein, 4g fiber, 488mg calcium, 22g carbs, 1052mg sodium.
- Recipe Created By: Jessi Heggan
- Photo by: Jessi Heggan
- 12 ounces frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mozzarella, finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Toppings such as pizza sauce, mozzarella and cooked sausage
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and place a baking sheet in the oven.
- Pour the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until they resemble rice.
- Put the riced cauliflower in a towel and ring out the excess moisture.
- Add the egg and yogurt to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the mozzarella, riced cauliflower, salt and cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Put the mixture on a large piece of parchment paper and use your hands to spread out the crust and use your fingers to press the sides up to create a crust.
- Carefully remove the preheated pan from the oven and place the crust on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is slightly browned. Let cool on a baking sheet for later use or top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake until cheese is melted.
Tips & Notes
You can substitute 12 ounces (approximately 2 cups) of frozen riced cauliflower that has been thawed.