Steamed and pureed cauliflower florets take on the creamy texture of mashed potatoes in Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per serving: 288 calories, 21g fat, 12g protein, 6g fiber, 269mg calcium, 15g carbs, 853mg sodium.
- Recipe Created By: Jessi Heggan
- Photo by: Jessi Heggan
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, diced (optional garnish)
- Cut the whole cauliflower into small florets.
- Heat a pot to medium-high heat and add water and insert a steamer basket. Place the cauliflower in the steamer basket with a lid and steam for 10 to 12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add the cauliflower, butter, cheese, salt and pepper to a food processer and puree until mixture is creamy and smooth. This can take several minutes.
- Add the mixture back to the pan and heat until cheese is fully melted. Serve while hot and top with chives if using.