- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 ½ cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, such as an Italian blend
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the garlic, celery, carrots, onion and potatoes in olive oil until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, pour in the chicken stock, and add the frozen vegetables and sauteed vegetables. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup and the shredded cheeses. Season with salt and pepper, and heat until cheese is melted and creamy. Before serving, sprinkle each bowl with additional shredded cheese, if desired.