- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 large honeycrisp apple
- 2 medium-sized or 3 small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons avocado* or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup apple cider
*Avocado oil is gaining popularity for high-temperature cooking. It has a high flash point and very mild flavor.
- Cut vegetables into 1- to 2-inch chunks. Reserve the light and feathery fennel leaves.
- Combine remaining ingredients to create baste.
- Place veggies and apples on a grate. Grill over medium coals, basting and turning often. Cook to al dente texture, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces, and toss in chopped fennel leaves. Serve warm.