Collard Green Salad Rolls are easy to hold and delicious to eat. Packed with garden-fresh veggies and wrapped in collard greens instead of a flour tortilla, they make an excellent option for a healthy lunch or snack.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 8 large collard leaves
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach, well chopped
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Steam collard greens for 2 to 3 minutes, and cool completely. Combine all remaining ingredients.
- Divide spinach mixture evenly in the center of each collard green. Fold the stem end and tip into the center. Roll tightly (like a burrito) until secure.
- These should hold their shape easily when picked up and held. Serve with your favorite dressing.