Sweet apples and cranberries over cinnamon ice cream is one delicious dessert.
- Makes: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large Gala or other cooking apples, cored and thinly sliced (¼-inch thick)
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons 100% apple brandy
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into a large bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon. Let stand 5 minutes to soften, then stir in cinnamon until thoroughly blended. Set aside in freezer.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar.
- Add apple slices and saute, stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes with a spoon until the apples begin to soften.
- Add cranberries and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes until cranberries are hot and apples tender and starting to brown.
- Remove skillet from heat and add apple brandy, swirling around in pan until absorbed by apples. Do not ignite brandy!
- Spoon ½ cup warm cranberry-apple mixture over a ½-cup scoop of cinnamon ice cream.