- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 8 ounces dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ⅓ cup water
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all filling ingredients. Stir often until berries all pop and dates are softened. Set aside.
- Place all crumb ingredients in a food processor and pulse until texture is even.
- Press half the crumb mixture into the baking dish. Spoon the filling evenly over the top. Cover evenly with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.