Delicious duck gives pho a flavor boost.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 ½ pounds duck breasts, sliced in very thin strips*
- 8 cups stock (chicken or duck)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups carrots and zucchini, sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 7 ounces Pad Thai rice noodles (or rice vermicelli)
- Chopped cilantro, green onions, fresh mint and lime wedges, as toppings
*To enhance ability to cut duck thinly, freeze for 15 minutes. It will stabilize the meat and make it easier to cut.
- In a large stockpot, saute duck slices in sesame oil until cooked through.
- Stir in garlic, five spice powder and stir until garlic is fragrant. Add soy sauce, red pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Add vegetables and simmer until just done.
- Add rice noodles and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until noodles are cooked through and transparent. Serve hot with toppings.