This easy cake lets you impress without the stress.
- Makes: 1 cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 box (3.5 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, water and oil. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet until combined into a thick batter.
- Thoroughly grease Bundt pan. Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Just before the cake comes out of the oven, soak a dishtowel in hot water. After removing from oven, set the cake (pan-side down) on top of the hot towel – this will help ease the cake out of the mold.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Using hot pads, carefully turn the pan over onto a cooling rack to remove the mold. Sift powdered sugar over cake.
Tips & Notes
You can use any cake mix or pudding mix flavor combination, as well as 1 cup of optional add-ins such as ½ cup chocolate chips and ½ cup pecans. Just fold them in before pouring the batter into the pan.