Cold pasta salad is made better from fresh veggies and basil.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large, ripe tomato, cut into small chunks (or 10 small tomatoes, halved)
- 2-3 carrots, yellow squash or other favorite vegetable, julienned (cut into matchstick-style strips)
- 6 large leaves of fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, warm the butter and oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until they start to shrink, another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and other vegetables, and cook until tender. Stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with the vegetables.
- Chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese just before serving.