Fresh veggies and zesty lemon add flavor to this couscous salad.
- Makes: 10-12
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 32 ounces (1 container) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dried pearl couscous
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced and quartered
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 fresh yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ small purple onion, thinly sliced into 1-inch strips
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ cup purchased lemon vinaigrette
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Bring vegetable broth to boil in a large saucepan. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, toast dried couscous for 3 to 4 minutes in olive oil until golden. Add toasted couscous to boiling broth and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until couscous is chilled.
- While couscous is cooking, in a large bowl, combine vegetables, mint, lemon zest, and feta. Add chilled couscous and toss gently to combine.
- Pour juice from lemon and lemon dressing over salad and toss gently. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow flavors to develop. Just before serving, add toasted chopped walnuts and toss.