Delicious and easy to eat, these poppers are great for a tailgate or picnic.
- Makes: 20-30 poppers
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 pound miniature fresh sweet peppers
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Steam them briefly (2 to 3 minutes), just long enough to soften them slightly. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine goat cheese, cream cheese, paprika, honey, garlic powder and celery salt. Stir until very smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag, and squeeze into the peppers in the hole where the stem used to be.