- 1 white onion, peeled and halved
- 3-4 medium tomatillos, husks and stems removed
- 2 jalapenos, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cups fresh spring greens
- In a medium saucepan, cover onion, tomatillos, garlic and jalapenos with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes, until vegetables are all softened. Strain and allow to cool.
- When cool, place in a blender or food processor with spring greens, lime juice and salt. Puree until well combined.
Tips & Notes
Give this salsa a creamy, avocado twist! To make Guaca Verde, combine 1 cup prepared guacamole with ½ cup salsa verde until well combined, and serve over tacos, carnitas, fajitas, or eat it fresh with tortilla chips.