Fresh grilled corn mixes with other delicious veggies in this colorful salad.
- 1 ½ cups grilled corn kernels
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen edamame, shelled and thawed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 green onions (white part only), chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- freshly squeezed lime juice from 1 lime (about ¼ cup)
- To grill corn, pull outer husks down to the base of the ear and strip away silk. Fold the husks back in place and soak in cold water for about 10 minutes. Remove the corn from the water and shake off excess. Set the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for about 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until the kernels are tender when pierced with a knife. Discard the husks and remove kernels.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, beans, edamame, bell pepper, onions and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and lime juice. Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.