- Makes: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- ½ pound cellentani pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups ham, diced
- 8 ounces sweet green peas (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 cups mixed spring greens, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound roasted asparagus, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Stir in ham and peas, and cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together until well mixed. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
If you add asparagus, the cook time will increase by about 15 minutes. To roast the asparagus, trim the fibrous ends about 2 inches back. Toss the spears in 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon onion powder. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place asparagus spears about ½ inch apart on a baking sheet. Roast until browned and a bit crispy. Chop and toss into the pasta.