Classic creme brulee gets a sweet upgrade with honey and fresh berries.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together cream, egg yolks, ½ cup honey, vanilla and salt. When very well combined, pour into eight ½-cup ramekins. Place ramekins in a baking dish, and pour enough water into the dish to come about halfway up the outsides of the ramekins.
- Bake until set, about 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool. (Note: The brûlée is not firm when it first comes out of the oven. It will set while it cools.)
- Drizzle remaining honey on each brûlée. Place in oven and broil quickly, until honey begins to bubble and turn deep golden. Serve immediately with fresh strawberries.
Tips & Notes
- The brûlée is not firm when it first comes out of the oven. It has to set a bit.
- Adjust cooking time if your ramekins are larger or smaller than half a cup.
- These can be baked a day in advance and chilled until serving time.