- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces, lightly steamed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup light sour cream mixed with ¼ cup light ranch salad dressing
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni, diced
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup dried oregano
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prick potatoes with a fork. Place the potatoes directly on the oven baking rack. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the potato is tender inside with poked with a fork.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place each of the hot potato toppings in separate bowls.
- Cut a vertical slice in the middle of each potato and pinch each of the sides to form a potato bowl.
- Let family members fill their potato with toppings of their choice of try one of the following hot potato combos using the ingredients listed:
Broccoli, cheddar cheese, sour cream ranch dressing and bacon bits.
Pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, green bell pepper, and a dash of oregano
Salsa, black beans, corn, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro