Get the beefy, peppery, cheesy taste of Philly cheesesteak in a different form: pizza! This dish is quick, easy and perfect for kids.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onions and green pepper with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy skillet. When onions are soft and begin to caramelize, spoon them into a bowl.
- Add the steak to the skillet and saute until just done, using tongs to even out the cooking.
- Place 1 cup cheese on pizza crust. Layer onion, green pepper and steak on top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over all. Season according to taste with garlic, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15 minute, or until golden and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
To freshen up a store-bought crust, season it with fresh garlic and olive oil or pesto, and bake for about 5 minutes before layering the other ingredients.