Quick and easy, these meatballs will be your kids' new favorite snack.
- 1 pound lean ground beef, at least 90% lean
- ½ cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- ½ cup onion, very finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until blended.
- Shape by hand into 1 ½-inch diameter meatballs, or use a small cookie scoop.
- Place meatballs on ungreased 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink in center and thermometer inserted in center of meatball reads 160 degrees.
Tips & Notes
Using fresh basil instead of dried? Use three times more fresh than dried.