Fall ingredients including butternut squash, cranberries and pears are featured in this filling salad.
- Makes: 8-12 (1-1 ½ cups per person)
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 2 cups Spicy Oven-Roasted Bacon Pecans
- 2 cups Roasted Butternut Squash
- 5 ounces (1 bag) 50/50 spring mix and baby spinach salad blend
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin half rings
- 2 pears, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 8 ounces small button mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup smoked blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- favorite store-bought balsamic vinaigrette
- Prepare pecans and butternut squash.
- After pecans and squash have cooled, combine pecans, squash, salad mix, onions, pears and mushrooms in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Arrange on an oblong or rectangular serving platter, or layer ingredients in a clear trifle dish.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles, cranberries and raisins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Drizzle with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette just before serving.