- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter and flour an 8-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine 1 teaspoon each of lemon and lime zests with sugar. When it looks like wet sand, add the buttermilk, 3 tablespoons of juice, salt and eggs. Alternately add flour and oil just until evenly combined and there are no lumps of flour. Add poppyseed.
- Spoon into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. If the cake seems to be browning too quickly, place a piece of foil on top.
- When a cake tester comes out clean, remove and allow to cool.
- Whisk together remaining juice and confectioners sugar until smooth. When still slightly warm, turn cake out of loaf pan, right-side up, and drizzle with powdered sugar and juice.
Tips & Notes
To achieve the pretty lemon pattern on top, we used a citrus loaf pan. You can find a similar product here.