Take a break from potatoes and try mashed cauliflower as a tasty side dish.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per serving (½ cup): 66 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 331 mg sodium, 3 g protein, 3 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 7 carbohydrates, 3 g sugar
- Recipe Created By: Jodie Shield
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 3 pounds) trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Place a steamer into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover and steam until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor, add the olive oil, salt and pepper, and puree until smooth.
- Sever immediately with a sprinkle of chives and a dash of freshly ground pepper.
Tips & Notes
No food processor? No problem. You can also use a potato masher or hand blender. Go ahead and store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.